Monday, August 3, 2009

it's my birthday.


so, yeah. this was my awesome mess of a birthday cake that my mom made. and what is so perfect about it is that the frosting came out wrong because my mom said, "too bad we can't use a different bowl with the kitchenaid,"and my dad said, "we can," and therefore, they couldn't get the frosting to whip because the bowl wouldn't spin fast enough.

but, my dears, that frosting tastes like the most delicious peanut butter fudge in the world. and my mom didn't like the cake because it kept falling apart but again, see my previous point. when you're eating peanut butter fudge, the cake part doesn't really matter.

plus, as far as i am concerned, the cake is simply a vehicle for frosting delivery. you're talking to the girl who used to eat a can of frosting in the back of the school bus on the way to school in the mornings. with a spoon.

so, happy birthday to me. today i am thankful because no matter what my day turns out like, i have gotten everything i have asked for in recent years. a good job, a good man, a good camera, and to live in the most beautiful place, by my lakes, by my family.

i have no reason not to love 32.