Sunday, January 24, 2010

what's new with me

I gave up on posting every day because I ran out of things to say.

I placed a hold request for a book at the library and there are 52 other hold requests in front of me. If everyone that held it gets it, I will be able to read the book in approximately two years. Not really, because the library does own 4 copies. And there are also inter-library loans, which are also currently all checked out.

So maybe just a few months. Oh well. I have a couple of holds to hold me in the meantime. I can't remember what they are. I have already plowed through the books I checked out the last time I was at the library. I have 1.5 left.

One is a really awful mystery, so I may not finish it. I just grabbed it because I've been such a mystery snob. But I grabbed a stinker. Are there any good mysteries out there? I can't have anything involving paranormal activity of any kind because I like sleeping. And I can't have anything involving lurkers because, well, I used to be afraid of the dark.

The other is actually a book of short stories by a Nashville author, and I didn't know that when I picked out the book. I liked the first few sentences of the first story, so I took a chance.

Sigh. Tomorrow is work, and I have no interest in working right now. I've just had a very lovely weekend, and I want it to stretch all the way through the end of winter, so I can just wake up in spring.

I'm kicking myself for not buying that little $2 crocus plant in Wegmans tonight. Even if it dies... I really thought it was so sweet and pretty. $2 is not too much to spend on something sweet and pretty that reminds me of spring.

xo
amy