Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Definitely not at my best.

So, I'm noticing that, although I have been able to gain a great deal of ground in the energy department, I am still feeling the effects of The Mono. I am back to working full time and I have been since the first week of December. I'm thankful for that, but I am definitely nowhere near the me I am used to being.

I need obscene amounts of sleep. I get tired quickly. I have very little emotional or mental energy. I often want nothing more than to crawl into bed and pull up the covers.

And I do this. Often.

OK, I do it every single day as soon as I get home from work.

Most days, I get terrible headaches and neck pain. Intermittent nausea. Some days I have no appetite to speak of, and I only eat when I start getting dizzy. Some days I feel as if I could eat a house, plank by plank.

Some days I do my hair and my makeup.

Some days I barely get to work with my eyes open.

I want me back. I want to be the Amy I was just getting to know and kind of like.

Maybe that's the lesson in all of this. I guess I should enjoy what I can in each season of my life - each one may not last for long.