Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One of the best compliments I've ever received.

It was kind of packaged inside of other compliments.

"You're a special person. You're not like other people..You're like... a deep sea diver of life. You just go out there every day and do what needs to be done. You're out there, in your mask and your oxygen tank, and you're swimming with the sharks...You just put one foot in front of the other, and you do what needs to be done. You write in your blog when you don't feel like it and you have no idea what to write. You come up with a post like you've been thinking about it all day - you probably have. You're clever."

Eric said all of these things to me last night, all within a couple of minutes. Although I think most people put one foot in front of the other and do what needs to be done? I love the thought of being a deep sea diver of life! I just thought that was such a creative and thoughtful compliment, and it really made me think.

Deep sea diving can be pretty dangerous - the pressure alone can create deadly situations. Diving would be terrifying for me, because I have a completely overwhelming fear of sharks and bodies of water that appear bottomless from the surface.

But think about what the reward must be for the risk. I could see things that most people never get a chance to see. Understand a tiny piece of the mystery.

I really do want to live my life that way.

Thanks, Eric.