Monday, March 23, 2009

an annoying side-effect

since starting to lose weight in january, and especially since starting to work out this month, i have noticed a few happy side-effects. my sweaters look a little less like sausage casings. my jeans feel a little less like sausage casings.
 
and my fingers? look a little less like sausages.
 
however.
 
i have these rings. i bought them from a guy who handmade them. i love them, and have been wearing them every day for the past 2 years.
 
over the weekend, one vanished. while i was wearing it.
 
i still have the other one on, but every time my hands get the least bit chilly, the ring tries to slide up over my knuckle.
 
it's not like it's a huge deal, as i can probably just re-purchase the rings. it's just annoying.
 
good thing i'm not officially engaged yet, or maybe that ring would have been the one to vanish from my finger. *gulp*